Egashira 2:50 (江頭2:50, Egashira niji gojuppun?, real name: Hideharu Egashira 江頭 秀晴) is a Japanese comedian born on July 1, 1965 whose home town is Chiyoda, Saga Prefecture. His blood type is B, nickname is "Ega-chan" (エガちゃん).
A 2005 Oricon and 2002 - 2008 Nikkei Entertainment! poll named him as the most annoying comedian in Japan because of his obscene and vulgar comedic style. His performance heavily relies on shock value, much like that of GG Allin, Dane Cook and the cast of Jackass.
Contrary to this image as an annoying, shocking performer, it has been remarked on shows like Mecha-Mecha Iketeru! that he is extremely polite and humble when the camera is not rolling. He is known for extremely good manners when dealing with TV staff, which may be part of why he is still on TV. Additionally, his frequent co-stars Yusuke Santamaria, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and Ninety-Nine etc. are declared fans of Egashira.
Recently reported, Egashira drove a 2 ton truck full of supplies directly into the Fukushima disaster zone by him self. He did not notify his agency or any one else and went alone. He was found out when someone saw him with the truck.
- Dropped his pants in front of 6000 people on a TV program.
- Kissed a famous playwright live on "Waratte-Iitomo," a staple lunch-hour TV program in Japan.
- Swallowed 5 tablets of Viagra along with hard liquor, and later was rushed to the hospital in ambulance.
- Seemingly criticized North Korea with a joke while there.
- He was arrested in Turkey in 1996 for public nudity (all 3,000 audience members booed him).